woensdag 19 december 2012

Correlation between Industrial Production Vs. CRB Metals Index

Thanks to Bob Garino, who commented on this article, I found out about the correlation between Industrial Production (manufacturing) and the CRB metals index.

Let's see if this correlation is correct.

I immediately see that from 1990 till 2000 the correlation doesn't fit. That period was a period where miners were in a bear market as metals prices declined and mining companies were getting worse and worse conditions for mining. Bonds were doing ok in that period.

So I'm a bit sceptical about this correlation. But I'll still add it to my list of correlations.
Chart 0: Industrial Production: Manufacturing

Chart 1: Industrial Production Index

Chart 2: CRB Metals Sub-Index


Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten